Your Software Technology Partner
SendToQuickBase Release History
NOTE: If you have not renewed your annual support, you are not eligible for updates.
To view the status of your support, or renew it, view
SendToQuickBase License Management.
Version 4.5.679 - August 28, 2013
- Allow two character QuickBase Account URL prefixes. Previous minimum was three.
Version 4.5.673 - June 5, 2013
- Removal of signatures which reference images on a local drive has been improved.
- Handle removal of signatures containing invalid mailto statements that have subject or body parameters containing spaces.
- The QuickBase Host of www.quickbase.com is no longer accepted now that all QuickBase users have their own Account URL, such as acme.quickbase.com.
- Fixed issue with incorrect current date/time being saved when mapped to QuickBase field.
Version 4.4.656 - February 6, 2013
- QuickBase "List - User" field type is now supported.
- Changes made to account for the use of QuickBase Account URLs (i.e. YourCompanyName.quickbase.com instead of www.quickbase.com).
- When saving into QuickBase and the Record Picker dialog appeared, if an apostrophe was entered as part of the Find value, the find would fail.
- Rare problem corrected with SendToOutlook when attachments used and an "access denied" message was displayed.
- Corrected rare problem with Auto Save displaying an error message causing saves to be halted until OK was clicked.
- Problem saving attachments with Unicode characters in the file name was resolved. (Unicode characters replaced with underscores.)
Version 4.4.641 - October 9, 2012
- An issue when using the Is In operator along with AND across multiple search lines was corrected.
- A problem was corrected that occured when entering an apostrophe in the Record Picker Find window.
Version 4.4.640 - July 20, 2012
- When using the cloud feature to save emails using the special Bcc approach, you may now set options such as saving replies, saving attachments, using a Default Record, and more. These options may be set on your User record in your SendToQuickBase License found in the SendToQuickBase License Management QuickBase Application.
Version 4.3.638 - June 12, 2012
- Improved handling of saving an email body in MHTML format (a.k.a. MHT or Web Archive single web page).
- SendToOutlook better handles setting of MHTML files as the body of an email message.
- A problem was fixed causing time values to be incorrectly adjusted for time zones during Day Light Savings (DST).
- The automatic detection and use of a proxy server to connect to QuickBase has been improved.
Version 4.3.613 - March 26, 2012
- New "is in" comparison - To help locate the associated record (a.k.a. related or parent record), there is a new comparison "is in" for use when creating a mapping. For example, Company Name is in Subject, or Account Number is in Body. Note: Due to the QuickBase limit of having no more than 99 lines in a search, this comparison may not always locate the parent record when using a long email Body as part of the search as SendToQuickBase creates a search that compares against each word, and combination of words.
- A new option "Use Default Record if no match found on save" is available on the Preferences tab under SendToQuickBase Options in Outlook. If a mapping defines a Default Record, this option must be turned on to use it. (It is off by default.) Note that when using the cloud feature, the Default Record is always used.
- If the "Use Default Record..." option is not turned on, a new button called "Use Default" on the Record Picker can be used to save against the Default Record.
- On the dialog asking to save in QuickBase (Yes/No/Cancel) when sending a new email, there is a checkbox allowing you to decide if attachments should be saved. Note the "Save Attachments" option is still available on the Preferences tab controlling if attachments are stored when saving received emails using the "Save in QuickBase" button.
- SendToOutlook has a new parameter IncludeSignature. If this is set to True, and your Outlook setting has a signature defined for new email messages, it is included in the message. Note that if your Outlook setting is to create HTML messages, you should use the SendToOutlook parameter HTMLBody instead of Body to get the correct signature.
- While clicking the "Save in QuickBase" or "Save and Open" button, if the Shift key on the keyboard is held down, the opposite of the Save Attachments option is taken. That is, if Save Attachments is checked, holding the Shift while clicking "Save in QuickBase" will not save attachments, and vice-a-versa. This is also the case when using the "Save in QuickBase and Send" button on a new item.
- While clicking the "Save in QuickBase and Send" button, if the Ctrl key on the keyboard is held down, the QuickBase record is opened after the save.
- Handle very, very long text values being saved into QuickBase, such as a very long email body (over 65,536 characters). Note that the text must be truncated to 65,536 characters due to system limitations.
- A new option can be set that requires the latest update of SendToQuickBase to be installed before it is used. Contact Support for details on how to set this feature.
- SendToOutlook attachment filenames can now have a comma in them. However, this requires putting double quotes around the filename.
- Using SendToOutlook, you can now send an email message addressed individually to each recipient instead of a single message to everyone.
- When using the SendToOutlook option to send individual messages, you can request they be deleted from the Sent Items folder after sent by Outlook.
- A new SendToOutlook option allows you to turn off SendToQuickBase to prevent prompting during sending an email, or searching for an existing match..
Version 4.2.587 - January 11, 2012
- In the mapping of information into QuickBase fields to be saved, or defining the search for a related record, you can now reference the SendToQuickBase User Name entered at time of registration. This is done using special User-Defined fields called SendToQuickBaseFirstName, SendToQuickBaseLastName and SendToQuickBaseFullName. For example, enter in the Outlook column User-Defined:SendToQuickBaseFullName.
Version 4.1.580 - December 21, 2011
- Default Record - When saving an item into QuickBase, if the related (parent) record such as Contact, Lead, Project, etc. is not found, you can now specify a default record to be used as the related one. This allows for saving the item even if there is no related record found. A default record is setup as part of the mapping, where optionally a search is defined to locate a default record. For example, Contact Name equals "To Be Filed". Since the default record is a search, it can be user specific. For example, Record Owner equals User-Defined: QuickBaseUserName And Contact Name equals "To Be Filed".
- Sort Descending - The records shown in the record picker when saving an item with no matching (or multiple) related record can now be sorted descending (i.e. Z to A, high to low, newest to oldest). Previously the sort was always ascending. This is set in the mapping on the sort page.
Version 4.0.566 - November 3, 2011
- Cloud Feature - SendToQuickBase is not just for Outlook anymore! You can now save your emails from any email program, on any platform, including smart phones and tablets. Simply put a special email address in the Bcc. There is no software that needs to be installed. This includes Mac (Apple Mail, Entourage, any email program), Gmail on a PC, Mac or Linux, Yahoo mail, Android phones, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, and of course, from Windows (Outlook, Thunderbird, any email program). Read more....
- Add new record - When saving into QuickBase, if a related record is not found (i.e. Contact, Customer, Project, etc.), and the list of records is displayed to choose from, you can now add a new record using the Add button. After adding the record, use the Retry button to perform the save against the new record.
- New "Save and Send" feature - When composing a new email message, you can now click a single button on the toolbar to both save it into QuickBase, and send it.
- New "Save and Save" feature - When creating a new Outlook appointment/meeting, contact, task, etc., you can now click a single button on the toolbar to both save it into QuickBase, and save in Outlook.
- Open related record - A new option allows you to open the related record when using "Save and Open", or when saving a new item and checking the box to open it. For example, you can now save an email against a Contact, and have the Contact open in QuickBase instead of the email itself. In the SendToQuickBase Options on the Preferences tab, check the box "Open related record when open after save".
- Performance has been improved when searching for a related (a.k.a. parent) record and no match is found in large tables with many thousands of records.
- Performance using the "Open Related " (formerly called "Find Related") has been improved for items saved with this updated version.
- MHTML supported - An email message can be mapped to a QuickBase field using the MHTML format (a.k.a. "web archive") by mapping the "MHTML Body" field. This should be used to preserve embedded images in the body as HTML Body does not preserve embedded images. Since QuickBase only supports a limited subset of HTML tags in a Text field, it is suggested to map to a File Attachment field instead. Note that under Outlook 2003, MHTML Body reverts to HTML Body since it's not supported.
- Video tutorials are now available.
- The Outlook field Owner can now be mapped on any item (i.e. Appointment, Meeting, Email, Task, etc.).
- Two new Outlook properties can now be mapped into QuickBase fields - Folder and Folder Path. Example of Folder might be "Clients", whereas Folder Path might be "Inbox\Clients"
- The total number of records is shown on the dialog displaying multiple record matches (or all records) to select a related record.
- The "Send and Open" button was changed to "Save and Open" to be consistent.
- Removal of signatures with images has been improved.
- While you could previously search on Date/Time fields to locate a related record when saving, you can now also search on Date and Time of Day fields.
- If using the "same domain" option and there are no matching records with the same domain, all records are shown for selection.
- When using the feature to extract a portion of an Outlook field to be saved into QuickBase, you can now limit to a single match, and on multiple matches, can specify the delimiter between matches. As before, this requires assistance from SoftTechExperts, so contact us if you have this need.
- When mapping Outlook fields into QuickBase fields, it was always possible to extract a portion of an Outlook field to be saved into QuickBase instead of the entire value (i.e. extract a customer number from the Subject). Now when mapping Email Headers and Body, Current Date, Current Date/Time, and QuickBase username, you can extract a portion of those values too.
- SendToOutlook can now create email messages using other email programs besides Outlook. As long as there is a program registered on the computer to handle email requests, SendToOutlook can create the email message. Note that directly sending the message without showing it ("&Show=False") only works using Outlook.
- SendToOutlook has a new feature to set the Picture when creating a Outlook Contact. Specify Picture=image, where image can be a local file path, URL, or a QuickBase file attachment. See the SendToOutlook documentation for more details.
- SendToOutlook displays a progress dialog.
- SendToOutlook supports setting the body of an email using the MHTML format. Use MHTMLBody as the field name.
- Using SendToOutlook you can insert "variables" inside the contents of a File Attachment value being set in an Outlook field, with values you specify in the URL. See the SendToOutlook documentation for more details.
- SendToOutlook ignores empty File Attachment paths instead of reporting an error. This simplifies QuickBase Formula creation.
- SendToOutlook has a new parameter named EmbedImages to control how images within email messages are sent (links versus embedded into the message). See the SendToOutlook documentation for more details.
- Work-around added in SendToOutlook for an Internet Explorer bug where the command line passed is not encoded as it should be.
- To avoid Internet Explorer's URL length limitation, SendToOutlook can be instructed to get the command line from a QuickBase field. See the SendToOutlook documentation for more details.
- To assist with diagnosing problems, additional information is logged in the unlikely event of an error.
- Damaged mappings are now reported.
- When searching for a related record using an email address and User-defined:QuickBaseUserName with the option "Only include records with the same domain in the email address", records were not found that should have been.
- A problem was fixed when searching for a related record using more than one QuickBase email field, and using the option "Only include records with the same domain in the email address".
- Some SendToOutlook issues with Outlook 2010 have been resolved.
- When searching on a single email address to locate the associated (a.k.a. parent) record, an error could occur caused by single quotes around the email address.
NOTE: If you have not renewed your annual support, you are not eligible for updates.
To view the status of your support, or renew it, view
SendToQuickBase License Management.
NOTE: Version 4 was released in Nov 2011. Customers using a prior version are eligible to purchase at a 50% discount. Read more...
Version 3.10.402 - June 2011
- When saving an email, an issue was fixed that sometimes caused related records not to be found, thus prompting to select the record.
Version 3.10.399 - May 2011
- Saving of recurring Appointments are now supported.
- While proxy servers are typically detected and used automatically, there are rare cases where they cannot be detected. There is now a registry setting to set the proxy server and port. Contact Support for details if needed.
- The 2011 version of the ODBC driver is included.
Version 3.9.394 - March 2011
- Using SendToOutlook, you can specify the Outlook folder to create the new item in. Simply include on the URL Folder=folderpath. For example, Folder=Public Folders\Calendar to create a calendar item in the Public Folders Calendar.
- There is an administrator setting to prevent users from changing Options. For details, read the SendToQuickBase Enterprise Deployment instructions.
Version 3.8.389 - February 2011
- Read and Delivery Receipts can now be saved into QuickBase. They are treated just like email messages, thus email mappings are used. However, because Outlook classifies these as "Report" items, not all Outlook fields are available, such as Bcc, Cc, Sent Date/Time and others. Creation Date/Time is available.
- The search to locate a related record now allows searching for empty values. For example, save an email related to a Project record where the Status is empty (i.e. not set).
- The "Starts With" comparison was not working in the search to locate related records. That was corrected.
- There was a message incorrectly displayed when defining a mapping into a QuickBase Table that contained a required User field that was not mapped. Even if the User field definition in QuickBase had a default value, SendToQuickBase incorrectly reported it was required and had no default.
- There was a rare problem when extracting a portion of an Outlook field in the search to locate a related record. If the same Outlook field was used in more than one search line, and extracted a different portion of the value, the mapping would not work correctly. (Note that this ability to extract a portion of a field to search or save requires our help.)
- In the Advanced mode to define field mappings, if a comma, tilde or vertical bar was entered into either "Text Before" or "Text After", the mapping would not work properly.
- SendToOutlook now allows setting of User-defined Outlook fields. Use the same syntax as setting of other Outlook fields. For example, given a user-defined field named Industry, it would be Industry=Medical.
Important: You must specify your customized form so that the user-defined fields can be set. This is set by passing the Outlook field named MessageClass with the name of your custom form. For example, MessageClass=IPM.Note.MyFormNameHere.
Version 3.7.370 - December 2010
- Extra line breaks are removed from the Body when saved into QuickBase. To preserve extra line breaks, there is a preference in Options on the "Email Body tab".
- When saving the Outlook "HTML Body" into a QuickBase Text field, HTML tags that QuickBase cannot handle are removed. This improves the look of the HTML in QuickBase.
- You can save Outlook fields into QuickBase fields of type File Attachment. For example, you could save the "HTML Body" into a file attachment field to maintain the look of the email body since QuickBase doesn't support all HTML tags. You simply map the Outlook field on the field mapping screen in the wizard.
- Even more complex extraction of portions of Outlook fields to be saved into QuickBase fields is now possible.
- Using SendToOutlook, you can now set Outlook fields from the contents of QuickBase File Attachment fields. Use the same syntax as for File Attachment fields. For example, save an HTML file in a QuickBase File Attachment field, and set the Outlook "HTML Body" field.
- While very unlikely, any non-printable characters in an Outlook field could cause an "XML Parser" error to be displayed. This has been corrected.
- SendToOutlook now requires registration if no SendToQuickBase registration has been filled out.
Version 3.6.354 - September 2010
- The performance was improved when saving to QuickBase, and also opening mappings in SendToQuickBase Admin.
- You can now be prompted to save into QuickBase after editing an existing item in Outlook (i.e. Meeting, Contact, Task, etc.). Enable this feature under Options on the Preferences tab.
- When updating an existing record in QuickBase by resaving an Outlook item, there is the ability to indicate a field is not updated. (This is part of the mapping definition.)
- If you have multiple mappings for the same type of Outlook item (i.e. Contact, Task, etc.), when re-saving an item, SendToQuickBase no longer prompts to select the mapping. It uses the mapping originally used to save it, unless you have the Saving Preference checked to allow saving to different tables (using multiple mappings).
- When creating a Task Request, no longer prompts twice to save into QuickBase.
- Task Requests maintain the connection to the saved record for recipients of the Task.
Version 3.5.335 - August 2010
- Email messages, Calendar items, Contacts, Notes, etc. with a very large Body may now be saved. The limit is 65,535 characters (64K).
- In defining the search for a related record, you can search for the current QuickBase user. This is done using a special User-Defined field called QuickBaseUserName. The syntax in the Outlook column would be User-Defined:QuickBaseUserName.
- A problem saving Outlook Notes was corrected.
- Corrected an issue caused by having an empty Outlook signature.
Version 3.4.328 - June 2010
- Very large attachments may now be uploaded. To do so, in Outlook in the SendToQuickBase Options on the Preferences tab, set the Upload and Download timeout values. The recommended value for both is 600 seconds (10 minutes).
- The Remove Signature feature now handles special symbols.
- Proxy servers are now automatically detected.
Version 3.3.318 - March 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 is now supported in addition to Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003.
Version 3.3.313 - February 2010
- You can now update a record in QuickBase by sending the same Outlook item again (i.e. Contact, Calendar, Task, etc.). In Options, see the new tab called "Saving" for preferences. Note that the "Duplicates" tab has been removed as it is no longer applicable.
- The Quick Start option allows Outlook to start more quickly, however sending the first item to QuickBase will be slower. In Options, this is on the Preferences tab.
Version 3.2.308 - January 2010
- After saving a Meeting into QuickBase and clicking Open In QuickBase, it was reported that the Meeting had never been saved.
- When using a QuickBase Realm such as
https://CompanyName.quickbase.com), you no longer need a matching account in www.quickbase.com.
- The Import Mapping feature when using a QuickBase Realm (e.g. https://CompanyName.quickbase.com) wasn't locating mappings that it should have.
Version 3.2.304 - December 2009
- When saving items to QuickBase, the performance has been improved. (This depends on your Internet connection speed and may require at least one save before you see any improvement.)
- Improved performance when using different mappings.
- After starting Outlook and saving the first item to QuickBase, performance has been improved.
- The prompt asking to save a new item now displays more quickly.
- Support for cross-Application relationships has been added when selecting the associated Table when creating a mapping. Note: You must add the SendToQuickBase Application Token to the other Application to see the Table in the mapping Wizard.
- In some situations when saving multiple items at once to QuickBase, Outlook would stop responding. This has been fixed.
- Corrected an issue when using the Auto Save feature to monitor multiple folders when there are thousands of email messages in the folders.
- A few problems were corrected when using a QuickBase Realm (e.g. https://CompanyName.quickbase.com).
- Connecting to QuickBase through a proxy server is now supported.
- Installing on 64-bit versions of Windows, such as Vista 64-bit, is now a one-step process and no longer requires an additional step to install a 64-bit driver.
- After registration on 64-bit versions of Windows, Outlook was not automatically starting when it should.
- On 64-bit versions of Windows, SendToOutlook was not working properly.
- In an enterprise environment deploying the Add-In using the MSI now allows the creation of a "transform" to set the License Key and hide the registration dialog.
Version 3.1 - August 2009
- A new preference is available to delete the item from Outlook after being saved into QuickBase.
- Time values stored into QuickBase are now adjusted for time zones from the local time of the computer to the time zone of the QuickBase Application. For example, if an email is received at 9:00 AM East Coast Time, and saved into an Application set for Pacific Time, the received time will be set to 6:00 AM (three hours earlier in Pacific Time).
- There are additional fields saved from a Contact when using "Common Contact Fields".
- There are also additional fields saved from a Task when using "Common Task Fields".
- The Auto Save feature has been greatly enhanced. Multiple Outlook folders can now be monitored, each with their own mapping, and each with their own settings. Those settings are now independent of the settings used when interactively saving emails.
- When using Word as the editor to compose an email message, if the window is full screen, the SendToQuickBase confirmation window was hidden behind the email window. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, the SendToQuickBase trial dialog was hidden behind the Outlook window.
- A warning is no longer displayed if you do not have a mapping selected when trying to Open an item in Quickbase, as no mapping is required for that function.
- There are improved instructions describing how to add the Application Token in the Mapping Wizard.
- Fixed problem causing a message to be displayed while saving stating "Unhandled exception has occurred... Thread was being aborted." which did not cause any problems, and was just an annoyance.
Version 3.0 - July 2009
- SendToOutlook™ - Now save QuickBase records into Outlook! Read the details here.
- SendToQuickBase Mapping Library - Start from a ready made mapping by importing one from the library. You can then make changes if you wish.
- Export your mapping to the SendToQuickBase Mapping Library for others to use.
- Option to remove your email signature from messages when saved into QuickBase. To set this, in Outlook open SendToQuickBase Options, and click the Email Body tab.
- Options dialog is now divided across multiple tabs to simplify setting of options.
- Expanded Admin toolbar now includes Rename, Import and Export.
- Improved feedback during saving.
Version 2.5 - May 2009
- Send-and-Open feature allows you to save into QuickBase and immediately open the record just saved.
- Option to save an email, task, etc as multiple new records in QuickBase, one record associated to each matching record. For example, add an email Activity record to each matching Contact record in the To, CC, BCC.
- If no records match on save (or the new option above to save to multiple is off), you can select more than one record to save a copy with.
- When saving more than one email message, task, etc at once, you can now select the record to relate it to just once instead of having to select for each item being saved.
- In the Record Picker window shown with no match or multiple matches, there is now a Find feature to search within the records listed.
- Advanced option to either Edit (default) or View when opening a QuickBase record.
- Multiple mappings for the same type of Outlook item (i.e. email, contact, etc) may now be selected in SendToQuickBase Options and you select which to use at time of saving into QuickBase.
- Using the "Prompt to Send" option, if you do not have a mapping selected for the type of Outlook item being saved, you are no longer prompted to save the item.
- New toolbar button to open the SendToQuickBase Options dialog.
- Can now install under a non-admin Windows account (XP Limited or Vista Standard) as the installer prompts for a Windows admin account to use during installation.
- Multiple administrators of a License now allowed to create mappings, including people on the License, or anyone with a registered copy of SendToQuickBase, such as a QuickBase consultant providing assistance.
- When creating a mapping, an option to search for a QuickBase Application to use instead of waiting for them all to load for selection.
- Delete a row from the mapping or search Wizard screens by clicking on the row at left edge, and press Delete on keyboard.
- Automatic updating of the software now built in, checks once per day for updates (can be turned off).
- "Check For Update" button on the About dialog to immediately check for any updates.
Version 2.0 - December 2008
- SendToQuickBase Admin introduced - mapping program to allow specifying where Outlook data is stored in QuickBase.
- Create one or more mappings for each type of Outlook item: email, contact, appointment, meeting, task, note and post.
- Monitor a folder for new emails and automatically save into QuickBase.
- Open-in-QuickBase feature to open previously saved item in QuickBase.
- Extract a portion of a field to save instead of entire value, for example, a customer number extracted from the Subject.
- Ability to use a fixed value prepended or appended to an Outlook field, or portion of the value, when locating the related record.
- License management via a QuickBase Application.
- Enterprise ready - push SendToQuickBase Outlook Addin to computers using Windows Group Policy (standard MSI installer).
- Now built using Windows .NET Framework version 2.0 and Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO).
Version 1.3 - November 2008
- Support for Enterprise QuickBase version.
Version 1.2 - October 2008
- Ability to search on portion of a field, such as extracting a customer number from the Subject.
- Added Contact fields for mapping.
- Improved handling of Meeting items.
Version 1.1 - February 2008
- Find and open related record in QuickBase.
- Option to show records with matching email domain instead of all records.
- Option to save just main part of email thread instead of all the replies also.
- Verbose logging.
Version 1.0 - November 2007
- Initial Release